Timing Tracks

orchidman33

Full time elf
Hi all I am wondering if anyone else is having the same issue that I am.
I like to use the 'empty' timing track and put in my own timing, sometimes its better. But with this rebuild version of Xlights I have not been able to input any timing using the 't' as listed in the key bindings as I have in the past.

Any help in getting this feature working again would be very much appreciated.

Dreamin

Full time elf
I've just finished doing my first bulbs singing faces and the t for timing worked for me. I'm a newbie so will explain what I did. It was my first attempt so hopefully it's the correct way to do things.
2020-03-21 (2).png
I created Vocals timing, empty and then backing vocals (I have 1 bulb as vocals and two as backing singers). Came out quite good too for my first attempt! :)
When pressing t you need to have that little dot filled for the ones you are creating the timing for. Currently as per the image it's set at backing vocals only.

Things change quite quickly in xlights, and I've found a few youtube videos were useful, but older version and things have moved about, so spent a lot of time going, where do I find that now. :)

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Sometimes after multiple installs, the keybindings file gets a little corrupted (this is the file that holds all the keyboard shortcuts)
I've found that while xlights is closed, delete this file and then when you re-launch xlights it will regenerate this file back to the defaults, and the "t" for timing insert should work again.
Note as this resets to defaults, if you've created any of your own keymaps, they may be lost.

orchidman33

Full time elf
Sometimes after multiple installs, the keybindings file gets a little corrupted (this is the file that holds all the keyboard shortcuts)
I've found that while xlights is closed, delete this file and then when you re-launch xlights it will regenerate this file back to the defaults, and the "t" for timing insert should work again.
Note as this resets to defaults, if you've created any of your own keymaps, they may be lost.

Thank youd Graham.

that has worked