Tint Tube Tops and Bases for 3D Printer

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Just a quick and nasty cover for the tint tubes. These are a tight fit for the tubes I have here, but in reality I would a little silastic to hold them in place as they are only 5mm thick in total, with 1/2 going down the tube. The bases are the same, but have a small slot to allow cables to enter the tube. I plan on using the bases as in previous years I have had grass grow up inside the tubes, so that should minimise or stop it entirely.

Files are over at Thingiverse http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:892294

Attachments

• Photo 22-06-2015 3 09 51 pm.jpg
    Photo 22-06-2015 3 09 51 pm.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Photo 22-06-2015 3 10 12 pm.jpg
    Photo 22-06-2015 3 10 12 pm.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 47

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
I wont be, but they are on Thingiverse so if anyone does print them and sell, I'll have my cut please... 25% of whats left over after filament and postage costs are taken out :)

Wolfie

Full time elf
Ok, I am having a brain fart right now....Tint Tube? Got a gut feeling what I think it is but can't find a construction thread here about them.

Wolfie

Full time elf
Rofl, I guess I didn't really know what they were!! Hmm... we have a couple tinting business around here. Think I may have to visit them and see if they got any laying around or will hold em.

I am thinking they would look cool with a ball on top like what folks are doing with 4" PVC to make north poles.

Maybe throw a red stripe around one so it looks nice during the day and at night the stripe would be black and show with the LEDs in the tube.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Wolfie said:
Rofl, I guess I didn't really know what they were!! Hmm... we have a couple tinting business around here. Think I may have to visit them and see if they got any laying around or will hold em.

I am thinking they would look cool with a ball on top like what folks are doing with 4" PVC to make north poles.

Maybe throw a red stripe around one so it looks nice during the day and at night the stripe would be black and show with the LEDs in the tube.

That's exactly what I plan on doing next season to replace the old PVC pipe poles with a glass top as they are starting to regularly fail.

I hope to be able to create a frosted top that I can put some LED's inside, and have it 3D printed on the Wombot thanks to the 250mm print bed. Still playing with a design for that, but I have plenty of time to get it right :)