tint tubes- how to attach lights

bbayjohn

Senior elf
Hi.
Looking for advice on how to attach lights to tint tubes. What lights do you use and how do you attach them? I am looking at using pixels for this project.
thanks
John

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Pixel modules mounted with silastic onto a strip of Coro. Once dry the coro is silasticked inside the tube

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
i used double sided tape on strip in the tint tubes, but with the heat the tape started to unstick..
i also placed a blob of silicon each end of the strip.. (its the only thing that save that lighting effect)
im thinking of maybe more silicon blobs with double sided tape , an see what happens

Skunberg

Full time elf
Wow .... I went way overboard. I put my light strips in a plastic channel that was screwed to a 1x2 with zip ties around both. Then screwed the 1x2 inside the tube with a little silicon over the screw head.

Brian

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
You need to put your lights in and turned on first to get the right diffusion. I found that strip mounted about 1" off the back wall gave the smoothest diffusion so I mounted my strip onto 25 mm conduit and then mounted that into the tube. That also makes it easier to swap the tube out after its been exposed to the sun for a bit. I had to replace mine after 12 months as they were a bit yellowed