TLS3001

charleskerr

New elf
Started playing around with building a TLS3001 pixel controller. I was curious if anyone has experience with theses and can (no NDA), or is willing to discuss them.

The data sheet indicates the following:

a. send 15 "ones", then 3 "zero", 2 "ones" + 11 "zero" on power up. It indicates this is a sync frame and allows the chips to determine the baud rate used. Does this only have to be sent one time, or before I send any data?

It then says to delay for some time= (#pixels/baudrate(MHz))*30 before sending the data frame.
Does this only have to be sent one time, or before I send any data? I ask because the last comment on the delay, it isn't clear to me if I have to send this one time or before every data frame.

b. After sending a data frame, it says to resend a reset frame, wait for 1ms, then send a Step frame. The reset frame format is : 15 "ones", 1 "zero", 1 "one", 2 "zeros". Does anyone have an idea of what a Step frame is? Is that the data frame as well (it is just saying that between frames, one has to wait 1ms and send a reset?).

c. To complete the picture, it has the data frame as : 15 "ones", 2"zeros", 1"one",1"zero", 39 bit chip data,39bit chip data, etc.
A chip data is: 1"zero",12"data, msb first", 1"zero",12"data,msb first",1"zero",12"data, msb first"

d. THe data pin must be low when in idle state.

Anyone have any idea on the questions? or see anything else I am missing?

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Charles,

Not a lot of help as i haven't directly coded this protocol but i noticed you didn't mention that the protocol is manchester encoded.

I'm sure someone here is playing with 3001.

Phil

charleskerr

New elf
Yea, sorry, I took it as a given it was Manchester since the lack of a data clock. But good point.

Hopefully others have played with this and give some insight.