TO ALL NEWBIES dmx

bjpc2716

who dares win
dueing the week in the chat room the question came up where i can get dmx controller this question came many time here is the answer for the final time they are 2 supply here there are hanson electronics mega 60 and dmx36. other advatek votex rgb controll can be purchase over the net. and lor controller who wants to use other controller wirh it you will need lor- esta dmx rj45 adapter from audio visual devices

EmmienLightFan

One of few displays in the UK
This is not a list of DMX controllers.

This is a list of a few manufacturers of DMX RGB controllers.

There are hundreds of lighting controllers, as well as controllers for other things, that take DMX.

DMX is not just for Christmas lighting as some person I met on the LOR forums once thought.

i13

Dedicated elf
I'll just reword and elaborate on this.

bjpc2716 said:
dueing the week in the chat room the question came up where i can get dmx controller this question came many time here is the answer for the final time they are 2 supply here there are hanson electronics mega 60 and dmx36.
The DMX controllers are typically used to control 3 channel dumb RGB lights and any low voltage store bought lights except for the ones with an 8 function controller AND only two wires going to the lights. The answer to the question of where to buy these controllers is Hanson Electronics (ACL member AAH). Ray Wu also sells a very cheap and reliable 27 channel controller that just needs a small modification before use.

bjpc2716 said:
other advatek votex rgb controll can be purchase over the net.
The Advatek PixLite controllers are for pixels which give you individual control of the colour and brightness of every LED. They have a great reputation but again there are other options; Clap Supplies (ACL member BensChristmasLights) is the Australian distributor of J1sys controllers plus there might be group buys for the ultimate F16v2. Most of these pixel controllers have DMX outputs to they can send the signals to run the DMX controllers.

bjpc2716 said:
and lor controller who wants to use other controller wirh it you will need lor- esta dmx rj45 adapter from audio visual devices
This is actually something I didn't know was available but I'll have an attempt at explaining what I think it is. When a CAT5 (or similar) cable is used to carry the DMX signal, only three of the eight wires are used. Light-O-Rama controllers can run with a DMX signal but they use a different three wires. I'm guessing Audio Visual Devices (ACL member David_AVD) sells an adaptor because your source of DMX signal will use a different three wires. Having said this, I don't recommend LOR controllers due to the price of the DC ones and the lack of compatible lights in Australia for the AC ones.

This thread is very old. An answer might not be needed anymore.