To all newbies out there

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
i would assume this site will be getting a few newbies registering and this is generally the busiest time of the year and everyone is excited about what can be achieved.

For those that have recently registered on this site please try and get to one of the Christmas mini expos that take place in most states around Apr-Jun.

The mini expos runs for two days and you can attend one or both day, you will learn so much from the orginises and other attendees. There will be many discussions and large amount of displays for people get hands on and learn.

The knowledge you get from a mini is valuable and will make a lot more sense then just reading these forums.

Check out the Mini forum here.
Check out the Wiki For the QLD Mini details here. Other states haven't created this yet for 2018, but go to the wiki home page and the mini to check out previous years.

We welcome everyone and it is always a great day to learn and meet others with CLAP.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Good advice there. Much better to hang off buying your first lot of display lights, controllers, etc until you've been to a mini. It can really save you a lot of wasted time and money for sure. :)

ElSalZi

Full time elf
So go back over older ‘minis’ to learn... sweet, think I’ve seen one about 3D printing...

Is there a “Start Here” page, or is it all in the 101 a Refernce for Everyone off? I haven’t read it all yet, but will be going thru it over the next couple of days...