"To Date" function for matrix

Bryan H

Bryan
Ok, need some assistance, I am mucking around with the 'to date' function for a scrolling text message wanting to count down days, Mins, Sec etc to Christmas. I can get the date to work by itself, (Fri, 25 Dec 00:00:00 +0100) , and it scrolls across well, but can't get any text before it. All I get is invalid date scrolling across the matrix. I want to place something like this in front of the countdown (Xmas is in XX days, Mins, Sec) etc.

Can't seem to locate a youtube video on it any where.

Thanks

Hammo

Bryan H

Bryan
No Sorry Keith, from xlights. I think I got it worked out by putting a text box in front of it and timing it so it scrolled once across before the count down. Haven't used FPP for this matrix. This is for a small matrix on top of a boscoyo model.
my FPP is running a p10 matrix with no issues as a stand alone. Just wanted to use this model as a Xmas count down.
Bryan

Last edited:

QLDKing(Brad)

Senior elf
From memory (and I probably am wrong) but the count down in xlights starts from when you create the fseq file? So if you create a fseq file today but don't use it for a few weeks, the countdown is still from when you created the fseq file (is that right??). That's why its better to use xschedule??