Toodle's Lights - Will there or won't there be light???

toodle_pipsky

Minister of Silly Walks
Well as this season winds down it’s time to reflect. This truly was another year 1, which is a good thing. It has been great to go back and learn and experiment and just have things not work. . . although that is frustrating. That just means there is a focus for next year, a renewed excitement for planning come mid next year.
While I might be envious (for the want of a better word) of other’s displays, it inspires me to be creative, otherwise if I had my perfect display, why would I want to do it year after year? I LOVE looking at other people’s work and no matter how big or small or animated or static I find I can always learn and bounce ideas off other people’s creative efforts.
It always amazes me that each display is unique – no matter that the same lights are used, same hardware, same software used. Each yard, each house and each person/family doing this is different, giving a different spin even on the same thing. Sharing building tips and ideas means that sure you have a few similarities, but no one can quite do the same thing twice.
I will be sad come tomorrow as I start to dismantle my display, but the time has come. The grass is long and needs mowing and the season itself is at a close. We also have a very busy month to pack up an entire house and move, another element of sadness as this is the last time I will decorate this house. I love this house that I bought some 10 years ago and decorated for 6 years, but it’s time to upgrade to a bigger place that we can make a home, and God willing start a family. It’s in a much quieter spot and we probably won’t see nearly the same amount of traffic, but that’s ok, it will be as always for me and my family is my target audience.
I hope everyone had fun with their own displays, thank you for sharing them with me through sharing in this bigger community of Christmas light nuts. Merry Christmas one and all and here’s to an exciting and happy 2013.