TPR1 Option 1 vs. TPR1 Option 2

dmcole

New elf
Could someone explain to me the advantage of Option 2? So you can carry more current (and have a longer string of strobes)?

I'd like to just have some strobes go off when the sequence software says, for as long as the sequence software says, driven by a 5vdc controller. So in my application, each strobe would be wired independently between the controller and the strobe.

I'm guessing that Option 1 would work best for me.

Thanks.

\dmc

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
If we are talking about the original strobe group buy that was offered in 3 different configurations then i would say option 1 is your best choice as its simple.
I have not offered these options for this group buy and have only offered the complete strobe as the method you describe is not actually a strobe, a strobe has a random on flash rate of faster than DMX allows. If your only interested in option 1 and want to jump in on this group buy then PM me and i will arrange to add just the parts you need. But for keeping it simple for people to work out i have only offered option 3 as this is a self triggering LED strobe that can be made into a string and controlled by 1 channel (this option simulates a strobe the closest)

Blickensderfer

Ohio, USA
DMC,
Option 2 allows you to have a good many strobes off the same channel on the controller without over current drawing the controller output.
example: you have a DC controller that is limited to 600ma output per channel. Option 1 would you would only be able to put one strobe on that channel. strobe current draw is 350ma. Option 2 would allow you to power the strobe(s) with an external power supply example 20Amps would allow 57 strobes to run and then be triggered by the controller single output.
Dan

dmcole

New elf
Eddy and Blink:

Thanks for both of your insights. I *thought* Blink's explanation was what I would hear, but I couldn't even come up with the words to make it work.

\dmc