Transfer Assist

Tuke

New elf
So, here is my dilemma.

Last year was my first year creating a display and I used LOR. I had a friend give me about 20 sequences that he had done since he was no longer going to do a show. Anyway, with a bit of creative imagery I was able to change those sequences around a bit to fit my meager display.

This year, I have jumped in with both feet so to speak with smart pixels, a Falcon F16 V3 controller, 2 MeanWell power supplies and a switch to Xlights.

My old laptop (old HP) is running on fumes and seeing as my wife just bought herself a brand new HP I have inherited her old Lenovo. The Lenovo has my LOR program and sequences while my old laptop (old HP) has the Xlights program and 2 sequences that I recently finished.

My question is can someone direct me in #1 how to move the two sequences I recently finished on my old HP to the Lenovo and #2, how do I convert some of those LOR sequences I used last year to the Xlights program on the Lenovo.

I have watched a couple of videos but, and this may just be me, I seem to think I am missing a step that should have proceeded the video I watch. I would like to find either a video or some easy to follow instructions that take me through the process from start to finish.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
#1 is simple - use a USB stick or an external drive to copy the files from one laptop to the other. Unless of course they are connected to the same network (wired or wifi) and you are able to transfer the files that way.
I've never used LOR so am not across the specifics but I know there are a few videos around relating to importing sequences that should be helpful.
For example: http://videos.xlights.org/search.php?keywords=lor&video-id=

Tuke

New elf
Thank you sir. I'm glad I started very early because I got a feeling that I'm going to need all the time I can get!