trouble with 2nd set of outputs

bassnbuck

New elf
I am not sure if i am missing something but i have a pixelit 16 and have been using outputs 1-8 with ease and love it. today i tried to hook up lights on outputs 9-16 and there is power but no output.

I have the universes set up as 101,103,105,107.. all the way to 129& 131 I am trying to just use 16 universes is there something special you have to do for the 9-16? i have been trying it in xlight/nutcracker.

Devo

Apprentice elf
Community project designer
In future you can also use the hardware test mode to quickly determine if the problem is with the controller or with the output setup in your software.
To do this press and hold the ‘Factory IP’ button for 3 seconds (after the controller is already running.) The controller will then enter the test pattern mode and will display red, green, blue and white sequentially in a repeating pattern on all pixels on each of the 16 outputs. Pressing the button while in this mode will then cycle through each of the four colors successively (on all outputs simultaneously) before returning to the current pattern again.[SIZE=small]To exit the test mode press and hold the ‘Factory IP’ button down again for 3 seconds and then release.[/SIZE]

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
bassnbuck, you can use the test mode on the pixlite controller now. I'm not sure how long ago you purchased yours. If it was a while back you will need to upgrade the firmware on the controller. All the files you need are in the advatek website.

Devo

Apprentice elf
Community project designer
Yes it's available for download already here

By "In future", I meant the next time you have any issues with getting the outputs working :p