Answered Troubleshooting Flickering Pixels

Max Kabilafkas

Apprentice elf
I've managed to make some good progress over the last fortnight with my setup and have all my windows installed and powered

1631410798571.png

I'm taking a couple of days off to recharge before I get stuck into the next push.

One of the first things on my agenda is to figure out why the top left window is flickering and wanted to see if anyone had some suggestions as to what the potential problem might be to give me a head start when I start trying too figure it out.

For reference, that window is running 5v pixels and is powered from it's own dedicated channel. It is made up of two strings and I am injecting power into the second string. None of the other windows are flickering.

Thanks

Martin Mueller

Light Addicted and proud of it.
Generous elf
Most likely the run from the controller is too long for the grade of wire you are using. F-amp, uAmp, NULL Pixel, Pixel Buffer inline near the middle of the run but not more than 6M from the controller.

The other thing you might do is remove the V+ from the controller and completely power inject that window. That reduces the current flowing in the V- from the controller and makes the overall data signal cleaner.