Tutorial Tonight. Audacity, Morp, Transfer timings from LOR. Aug 21st 7pm MST,

smeighan

Dedicated elf
Tutorial: Aug 21st 7pm MST, 9pm EST

Nutcracker Tutorial Topic: We will go over the Morph effect (since i failed to record the previous tutorial a few weeks ago), Creating timing marks using Audacity, transfer timing marks manually from LOR using a labelfile, We probably will cover the auto sequence process.

When: Thursday, Aug 21st. 7pm MST, 9pm EST

We will be using teamviewer. Ill start session at 6:45pm MST

Please join the meeting, by clicking on this link:
http://go.teamviewer.com/v9/m93271823

Meeting ID: m93-271-823

If you have a microphone, click on the "Voice over IP" on the Teamviewer menu and unmute your headphone to be able to ask questions.

Sean

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Hi Sean
Great video and work as usual. I'm probably doing something wrong but I have watched the 1st 23 or so minutes many many times and have also resorted to slowing down the video so I can watch "precisely" what you are doing. What I'm trying to do is create a new sequence using an audacity file pretty much exactly as you've show us noobs how to do. I select the audio file, the audacity file and a message pops up the same as yours saying it has created a new empty sequence with 0 channels and 3000 odd timing marks etc. That's all good. The problem is that EVERY time I click on "Display Elements" I get an error that says "You must open a sequence first!". As far as I can tell I've done everything that you did at around the 21min 50s mark of the video.
I'm using 3.4.12 that was installed over about 3.3.8 and it's on a 32 bit XP install.
Help me Obi Wan. You're my only hope. :)

arw01

Full time elf
I'm working my way through the video as well, 15.20 behind you, but try SAVING it at this point before you add your model. It might just tell you have to add a model first, but..

Alan

AAH

As the video shows version 3.4.11 I thought I'd download that and give the older version a try to see if that worked. The good news is that I didn't appear to be doing anything wrong as .11 worked and .12 didn't.

smeighan

Dedicated elf
before you create a music sequence with audacity timing you need models.

Order for xlights
1) Set show directory
2)set SETUP tab
3) Goto NUTCRACKER tab and create models
4) On NUTCRACKER tab choose 3rd option, create a music sequence, click audacity if you have a label file
5) Click "Display Elements" and attach a model(s)
6) Create effects on grid (Maybe start with "Create Random Effects")
7) Save
8) Go to PREVIEW tab and watch

now choices are
a) EXPORT or EXPORT MODEL if you want to take it back to HLS/LOR/Vixen/LSP
b) Schedule and play your show from xlights
c) Export your sequence as a Falcon Pi Player *.fseq and use fpp to run show

Alan, I cant duplicate the issue you are having.
maybe you could make a quick video?

AAH

Hi Sean
With step 5 with 3.4.11 it works exactly as per your video. With 3.4.12 it generates an error.
Rolling back to 3.4.11 worked great and I had all sorts of fun playing with effects.