Udemy - Automate and Animate Your Holiday Lights Using RGB Pixels

Permapower

New elf
Just found this online Udemy course for beginners that I thought I would share with the forum. Jeff Lacey is very entertaining and easy to understand.

Create your own animated light display using low-voltage, computer-controlled LED lights (RGB Pixels)

What you'll learn
  • Select the minimum components necessary to assemble an RGB Pixel display.
  • Connect, load and configure the components in their display.
  • Create and play a sequence (lighting instructions) to animate patterns on the display.
Who this course is for:
  • People interested in learning how to create a computer-controlled holiday light display.
The course can be purchased online here: https://www.udemy.com/course/automate-and-animate-your-holiday-lights-using-rgb-pixels/

PS: If you search Google for "udemy coupon", you can usually find a discount code.

Good luck and have fun learning!

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
That's the course that Jeff Lacey (Canispater Christmas on youtube) did last year. Based on his youtube videos I'd say that they will be nice and informative with a sprinkle of Jeff's humour chucked in.
FYI. That course is currently showing a 94% discount :jawdrop:

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
I guess if you aren't as confident to do the research yourself through forums such as this then it may be worth the money...

Kotche

Apprentice elf
For a measly $12 bucks, you don't have a lot to lose. BTW - I've bought his course, and found it very informative, chock full of practical advice, and have watched it a couple of times through already. For a n00b, it's a great place to start.

This thread is very old. An answer might not be needed anymore.