Unable to access 10.10.10.10 for P2

chadowamsley

New elf
Hello,

I have a P2 controller that Im trying to play around with. I have Jumpers on k3 pins 1,2,3,4 for 12v. I followed a video I seen in one post on configuring the ip as 10.10.10.10 and the gateway as 255.0.0.0. I completed that but can not access 10.10.10.10. Just says page unavailable. When I first configured the ip in the network settings, it said conflict but I restarted the controller and laptop, and hasnt said it again.

I have two green leds on the controller which has one solid and one blinking. Not sure if that means anything or not.

Any help would be appreciated.

mborg10

Michael Borg
Your p2 should be 10.10.10.10 by default. Did you first connect your P2 via USB successfully.

I couldn't use 10.10.10.10
I used my IP address with the last number bumped it up a digit.

chadowamsley

New elf
My P2 did not come with a USB. Only came with the board. I havent tried using my ip and increasing by 1. I will try that tomorrow. I have D/C my stuff for the night. Thank you for the reply.

mborg10

Michael Borg
You have to have your own USB cable to connect to. The plug on the P2 is one of those small plugs that go into a camera and the other end goes into USB then you can connect to it via the UBL via USB

When your in the UBL you can check what IP address your P2 has and you can change it. There is a video on here that aussiephil made.

mborg10

Michael Borg
Using the J1SYS Universal Boot Loader (UBL) for setting up your controller http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php?topic=2507

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
You need to set your PC's address to 10.10.10.?? for ?? use anything other than 10. try 8
and your mask should be 255.255.255.0
then you should be able to see your P2

chadowamsley

New elf
Thank you all. I believe this will solve my problem. I was putting 10.10.10.10 into my pc and 255.0.0.0 in the mask. I will hook it up to my cameras usb cable tomorrow and try this out.

Do I need to add any other jumpers to my board besides the jumpers I placed on K3 pins 1-4 ? Those are the only two jumpers I have on my board. I downloaded a pdf for the jumpers, and that is all it tells me to add. Just want to make sure I dont need to add any others for the UBL or anything.

Sorry if these are rookie questions, but I havent even made rookie status with pixels and pixel controllers. Going from all Renard its a bit of a challenge. So I plan on spending a lot of time on this forum reading, as this forum has the most information on pixels I believe.

Thank you,

chadowamsley

New elf
Thank you for all the replies. Changing the computer IP to 10.10.10.8 allowed me to access the config page.