Unable to Load sequence error, referencing FSEQ file?

KHill9314

New elf
Hi all,

Currently trying to load my sequences on my laptop (I use a desktop for the majority of sequencing, show folders on portable hard drive to swap between the two). I am getting an error when trying to open the sequences, Unable to load sequence and references the FSEQ file specifically. Just wondering if anyone else had encountered this and how to resolve?

I will attempt to open files on my desktop tomorrow as normal.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
Out of curiosity, are you running directly from the portable hard drive of copying the files to the local drive?
If running directly from the portable drive is the drive mounting as the same drive letter on both machines? this could cause issues with trying to find files as it will try to look for a different drive letter.

If you copy the files to the local drive are the folder paths exactly the same? As above xLights can be looking in folders or directories that are not there where it is expecting them.

Just some quick thoughts,.

KHill9314

New elf
Out of curiosity, are you running directly from the portable hard drive of copying the files to the local drive?
If running directly from the portable drive is the drive mounting as the same drive letter on both machines? this could cause issues with trying to find files as it will try to look for a different drive letter.

If you copy the files to the local drive are the folder paths exactly the same? As above xLights can be looking in folders or directories that are not there where it is expecting them.

Just some quick thoughts,.
Thanks for the response, I have always just opened the files straight from the show folder on the drive. I have had an instance before where the drive letter had changed. But it was as simple as reselecting the show folder on initial start up on that occasion.

I did notice through fault finding that I was unable to access the Backup folder, windows saying it may have been corrupted (I followed a windows prompt on reinserting the drive to repair it, following this I regained access to the folder). Following this I tried to load Xlights but was getting a subsequent error saying it could not load the network XML file from this years show folder.

I was able to load xlights though through my previous years folder, temporarily change the show folder to my current one, and load a previous backup. Thankfully this has given me access to all of my files again.

Cheers!

Last edited:

cajuned79

New elf
Hi all,

Currently trying to load my sequences on my laptop (I use a desktop for the majority of sequencing, show folders on portable hard drive to swap between the two). I am getting an error when trying to open the sequences, Unable to load sequence and references the FSEQ file specifically. Just wondering if anyone else had encountered this and how to resolve?

I will attempt to open files on my desktop tomorrow as normal.

Cheers.
I'm having similar issues. Any time I load a sequence or try and start a new one, as soon as I click in the sequence to edit it, it crashes.