Unconsumed pixels on main screen of p2

grahami2006

Full time elf
I had no problem with my p2 for the last three nights. Went to check the config and found that on universe 1 and 2 it says there are unconsumed pixels.
Used the test on the p2 and everything went as I expected. However when I rebooted and took test pattern out still no lights on tree.
This is the same p2 I used last year with no problems.
Any ideas are appreciated.

gerry

Senior elf
Hi,
Do you have any thing set on the effects page and If so does that tally with the string config.
If you do have something set on it, suggest that you post both screens .

Benslights

Dedicated elf
the number of pixels on your effects page must match your config page. that could be the reason

Boof63

Senior elf
String set 1 U1 1 150 pix for example
Effect 1A 1 150
Even if you have several eefects grouped on that universe just enter as one total ie candy 50 pix, stars 50 pix ,arches 50 pix total for universe 1 = 150
Cheers Boof63

grahami2006

Full time elf
For some unknown reason there are pixels showing on the effects page however none of them have a tick in the act box.
I presumed that means that none of them are actually live.

gerry

Senior elf
If u are not using that change (on the effects page), then set to zero , save config on that page and reboot.

I had (I think) a similar issues where I had something not ticked (whilst experimenting) and had odd results.

Sorted itself after I did the above , but I also assumed that the issue may have been due to something else , so shrugged and continued.

grahami2006

Full time elf
Thanks all. After a sleepless night had a look at the effects config and found that was where the problem was. Have no idea where the ticks came from as I had not touched anything in the p2 and was running the same settings as last year.
As Gerry said fixed the problem, shrugged my shoulders and went back to sequencing.

gerry

Senior elf
I think (but am not sure) that say you were trying out something on the effects page eg change orientation so you have that ticked.
Then u untick it , but the other values of the string , count etc are still there. Save and reboot. That this does not reset to the default .
What I did was remove all the values as well . tick and save . then untick and save.
Then it worked fine.
As this did not make sense to me , assumed that this was a red herring , but given that whatever my problem was at that time got resolved , I moved on.