Until Christmas

Benslights

Dedicated elf
thanks Drakky transparent worked.

now to add the count down to Christmas lights but that can wait for a week.

drakky

Senior elf
Sorry there's a small problem with the flash file in the Until Light swf file seems it's caching the set time.xml and not updating , I've done a small fix but you now have to set the year in the xml file which isn't that big a problem, the download and instructions have been updated.
demo here

http://drakkar-web.com/lights/

sorry Craig I don't know how to make win 7 gadgets

battle79

Full time elf
Love the idea of the gadget, except for the major security vunrability in win gadgets that microsoft has stated they will never fix, as it's not a core feature, and they have moved on to a new operating system. Current advise from microsoft is to totally disable gadgets from windows features in control panel.
Sucks cause I like have HHD available space, and CPU & GPU temp & usage available in a neet package.

Maybe we could make an active tile in Win8.

Cheers,
Rowan

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
i dont know if i have missed it in the previous posts but does anyone know if there is a timer that could be run on a matrix to count down to christmas from lights on , on the 1st or december i was thinking of running a timer on a small matrix and having it run from dusk till dawn everyday in december or if anyone knows of how to sequence a timer on a matrix

grahami2006

Full time elf
lizardking(adam) said:
i dont know if i have missed it in the previous posts but does anyone know if there is a timer that could be run on a matrix to count down to christmas from lights on , on the 1st or december i was thinking of running a timer on a small matrix and having it run from dusk till dawn everyday in december or if anyone knows of how to sequence a timer on a matrix

If you are running vixen 3 have a look at the thread about vixen messaging. Geoff has included a text for countdown and in preview it works really well.