Update for the P12S

j1sys

There are no rules, and those are the rules.
Community project designer
It is alive!!
attached is the zip file containing all the files and information for v3.1 and v3.2.
v3.1 is the original software installed on all of the P12S boards to date.
v3.2 is the new release. it finally contains the DMX/Renard drivers for the RS485 ports on the board.
Please download the attachment and open the zip file. It contains a new pdf document that will explain the meaning of all the other files and the procedures to use to install the firmware.
This is just the first major upgrade. We will make more changes later this week to finish up some loose ends and fix any problems we find as v3.2 gets used.
-Ed

Benslights

Dedicated elf
I have updated my p12s and tested the dmx side and it is working great. very simple to setup.

Job well done again Ed

look forward to your Strobe update for your controllers

kane

Dedicated elf
bbayjohn said:
So if I download the firmware update (which can be found here http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,4309.msg37790.html#msg37790 )
Then run this latest update. is that all the updates need at this stage to run the p12s?
I think the link you've included is to the previous firmware - ed's post (a few up) has an attachment with the latest firmware.. (I'd say that this is only necessary if you plan on utilising the onboard dmx outputs, or if you're having issues that may have been sorted in this newer release - if the default firmware works for you, probably no need to upgrade)

bbayjohn

Senior elf
Kane said:
bbayjohn said:
So if I download the firmware update (which can be found here http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,4309.msg37790.html#msg37790 )
Then run this latest update. is that all the updates need at this stage to run the p12s?
I think the link you've included is to the previous firmware - ed's post (a few up) has an attachment with the latest firmware.. (I'd say that this is only necessary if you plan on utilising the onboard dmx outputs, or if you're having issues that may have been sorted in this newer release - if the default firmware works for you, probably no need to upgrade)
Thanks Ben. I plan on using the ECG-D2 and see if I can get it going.

I am having an issue with my P12S DMX ports. I have both set as active, only #2 has a yellow light and neither will operate a 27 channel easy DMX board. The DMX board shows a solid red signal led, and test mode lights the pixels.
Any ideas!

Thanks,
Lee

I made the changes, rebooted same issue. I started to pull it a little on the RJ45 plug and I saw the led on the DMX board flash as it is supposed too. It appears I have a bad RJ45 cable I will solider a new cable onto the board and test it again.
Thanks YL