Update on the State of J1SYS products from Ed himself

johnson8ryley

My idol is ɟɐsʇǝppʎ
I wanted to share this with everyone as I felt it was important.
I have been talking with Ed from J1sys lately and he informed me they are working at updating software for all their products and also developing new products. This is big news in my opinion as even a simple device like the ECG-P2 with 2 RGB outputs and an enclosure is only $85. They make quality products and a large variety of them. So it's good to hear Ed is hard at work.

Ed has had a lot of stuff going on the past few years that has caused J1sys to slightly fall behind. But our discussion was very warming and I'm excited to see J1sys come back strong.

Also side note: Ed promised he will be adding brightness control to ALL platforms in the near future. He is working long and steady hours and working his way back. As a community I would keep an eye out for j1sys products to make a big return hopefully in the future and compete with established vendors like Falcon and PixLite.

Moderators or Ed, if you feel this post is out of line, feel free to delete it. I just want to inform people that are on the fence about j1sys products that Ed is back hard at work and maybe people can start looking at his line of controllers as viable options with new hardware and software coming!

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
Wicked,
I have allways loved J1sys gear.
I have 2x p12r's and 2x p2's and a dr4, They are still working solid no issues after 5+ yrs now.
Glad to hear he's alive an well, an designing updates to the firmware (not that i need brightness control)
Cant wait for Ed to post some updates here.
Thanks for the info.

johnson8ryley

My idol is ɟɐsʇǝppʎ
You're welcome Alec. I'll keep private what Ed told me via email that's caused j1sys to sort of fall off, but he seems so determined to get things rolling again. I have a ECG-P2 from 6 years ago and it works perfectly!

Also as a testimony to Ed, I ordered a ECG-P2 as an emergency due to pixel data loss as I was setting up my lights this year. I told him I may not need it if a null pixel booster work but could use it down the road. Ed expedited the shipping and told me if I didn't need the board to ship it back. He did even charge me! Hopefully Ed doesn't get mad at me for sharing this story but this shows how kind Ed is. He said I could keep the board and not pay until updates came out and I'm satisfied with the new update. If not, ship the product back to him.

I am VERY excited to see Ed and J1SYS come back. Hopefully I didn't pop the cherry for Ed's surprise return he's been working on

darylc

404 darylc not found
Will be interesting to see how he goes. The ECG-P2 was a good controller back in it's day, but the subsequent ones - eg nECG-DP2 were just rubbish and he was unwilling or unable to fix even the most basic bugs including it hard crashing if you used a web browser other than Internet Explorer.

johnson8ryley

My idol is ɟɐsʇǝppʎ
I will say Ed said he has been essentially out of commission to personal reasons for the past 2 years. But he sounded very convincing in his emails to me that he was addressing software on all platforms, adding features, and fixing bugs. I mean the guy told me to keep his $100 ECG-P2 until he follows through with his promises of fixing software. Personally I wouldn't make that promise unless I knew for sure software and fixes were coming shortly lol. Lets hope for the best!

buzzdude

Full time elf
Hopefully this gains traction. When I first started I bought a couple of J1SYS boards, but turned to sandevices as the J1SYS just would not work correctly. Would be great if I could get these to work, and have them in use, reliably.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
It would be good if this happens, but then again I have heard the same thing for the last 3 or 4 years, and have been promised new firmware for the 2 P12R's, 1 P12S and 6, yes 6, P2's I have here dozens of times.

At the time they were really ahead of anything else on the market and it was sad to see them basically ignored, so if this really does happen then it's great news to have another player on the market once again.