Upgrade FPP Device on Show Network

corfoto4

Apprentice elf
Hi all, I want to upgrade the FPP version of my Raspberry Pi. The pi is connected to a separate show network that I can access through my master FPP instance. I have allowed interface routing so that I can access the pi on the show network. I can't currently update FPP because it does not have a connection to the internet. What is the best way for me to update the software?

Thanks!

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
So if you're using inferface routing, one you're main Pi, there are three things to check.
1. Make sure anything on the show network is using the Pi show IP address as it' default gateway

2. If you want to get back into the show network from your home network (and you6r not using proxy mode), you'll need a static route on your internet router via the main Pi home network address. This is needed as opposed to a route on your home PC only due to needing internet access.

3. --or if you're using proxy setup, you can set the Interface Routing mode to Masquerade. This will let you show network get out, but not the reverse.

Getting that going will give you internet access from your show network.

corfoto4

Apprentice elf
Thank You, I have got this partially working. However, the Raspberry Pi on the show network still cannot access the internet. Is there something else that I may have missed?

corfoto4

Apprentice elf
It's ok I figured it out! I didn't set the gateway value correctly for my show network on my master FPP. It pointed to an empty address in the show network rather than my router outside of the show network.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
It's ok I figured it out! I didn't set the gateway value correctly for my show network on my master FPP. It pointed to an empty address in the show network rather than my router outside of the show network.
Awesome stuff, glad to hear you got it sorted.