Uses for "old" AC gear?

toodle_pipsky

Minister of Silly Walks
Starting the fabo task of going through all my stuff and doing a cull - what works/doesn't work, what I'll use, etc. Since I haven't done this for quite a few years I have a lot of AC stuff, transformers and controllers, and not a lot of lights that require it. Like most people I've swapped out for LEDs or pixels over the years.

Is it worth keeping any of this stuff? Like are there still AC lights or anything out there worth looking into? Or should I sell off what I can? Any advice would be appreciated.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
If you haven't got the 240V lights that are ideal for the AC boards then you might as well sell them. There is usually a ready market for any of the people just diving into computer control and wanting to flash their static lights.

toodle_pipsky

Minister of Silly Walks
:) I haven't done an inventory of what I have yet. I'll post once I have an idea.

All I have left to run are some par38 lights that I used to use to up light a gum tree. Seems like there really has been a shift away from stuff that uses AC.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
I should do the same. I have a massive volume of Renards, including some in powerboards designed to run my rope lights at 240V... Ahhh the good old days :)

924aussie

Full time elf
I have a massive Church to light so the 240 stuff ( if its cheap :D ) works better. Its only for spot lighting for a short time.

Alan