Using LOR S3 to sequence 2811 RGB Strips

marsh28

Apprentice elf
So...I want to run the 2811 strips for Christmas next year using E1.31. I'm going to spend the next 6 months figuring out how to do it.... In the meantime, can these strips be sequenced on Superstar. If so, how would you put them in the visualizer. Also, I'm completley open to using an entiretly different program for sequencing purposes if it would be easier. Thanks a bunch

ShellNZ

Senior elf
I have sequenced my S3 strips directly in S3. You can also have a play with Nutcracker which is a free programmer.

I didnt want to purchase Superstar, partly because it completely confused me.

There are quite a few props in LOR forums that you can use, I used a 30led RGB arch prop in visualizer and just copied it over and over as my archlines are 9 arches long. It works perfectly after assigning the chans.

DougieB

Full time elf
HI Marsh
To answer your first question, yes you can use superstar to sequence your 2811. you set them up as CCrs and after you export the sequence, you just copy and past the strip sequence into the sequence you are working on. I have used SS this year and now I am sequencing a 3 minute song in around 2-3 hours.

As for your second question, the visualiser is a pig for pixels. As Shell said there are plenty of props you can download from the LOR forum and groing all the time. Otherwise it is a manual task of drawing one pixel at a time. Hopefully this will be revised in the next version.

The other options are LSP, Light Factory, Vixen and HLS. All have there pros and cons and all have a reasonably steep learning curve
Hope this helps