Vaction in New York for Thanks giving 2014

Goldie

New elf
Firstly I'd like to thank all at ACL for the help you have given me over last 5 - 6 years.
I am going to do one of my bucket list this year, which is to be in New York on Thanks Giving, do you have any suggestions on what I should not miss out on while I am there, also is there anyone close by that I could check out their light show, I'll be at the Novatel New York from the Nov 21st to Dec 4th

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Re: Vacation in New York for Thanks giving 2014

i hope your flying home on the 4th, so you can have your display running by the 6th (Australian Time)

slightly jeleous here..

Valentinorx

Apprentice elf
I'm 25 minutes out of the city. With no traffic. Lol. If I get it right you are more than welcome to come out and see the show.

mborg10

Michael Borg
I love New York. Been there a few times, when single and married. You will have a great time but take your winter woolies.

I'd book tickets to go up 30 rock. Great view of the city and you can see the Empire State.

The food carts are good too. Not the dodgy pretzel and hotdog ones in Times Square but the ones down near wall on a weekday.

I could go on for ages. I'll get back there one day.

Goldie

New elf
Thanks guys got some good tips, i'll try for the visit. When it gets closer, i'll PM for your address if that's OK.
As for my show, i'm hoping to have it all setup & come on via the computer, if it doesn't people will have to wait till i get home

Cheers

arw01

Full time elf
Had a co-worker, been a few years ago, that stayed in a hotel that was on one of the corners of time square. Said it was decent and not too expensive. They stayed there a couple of days and thought it was pretty cool to be able to go out onto the balcony to see the square and people watch.

Alan