Vertical fade on an arch

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
I am trying to sequence an arch. Thought it might be nice to have the arch with low intensity on the outer edges ramping up to full intensity in the middle. Must be having a brain fade as I can't seem to be able to work it out.

I have 32 pixels in my arch. The way I see it I need to be say 20% intensity ay pixel 1 and 100% at pixel 16. This is in the same timing mark. I can ramp up intensity on one pixel with increasing time but I can't work out how to progressively increase the intensity on adjacent pixels within the same timing mark. I could do it manually I suppose but was hoping there was an easier option.

I am happy to use extra software if required. Tried looking in Nutcracker but couldn't seem to find what I was looking for there either. Happy to be corrected though.

Here's hoping.

Thanks.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
I have now manually created the effect and used Bob's clipboard flipper to manipulate it around.

Next issue is I have created it in red. Is there a way to keep the same fade settings and change it to say green.

Am still keen to learn how to do the original question any other way than manually if anybody knows.

aussiexmas

Sinnamon Lights
I assume you are programming in LOR.

For your group of pixels and time period, expand the top pixel to show the individual RGB elements, then copy the required bit of sequence for all the channels involved, starting in the red channel. Then when you want to paste to a different colour, simply start the paste at the required time in the green or blue channel.

You can get further interesting effects by pasting from the foreground - ie getting purple, yellow etc by turning on 2 of the colours for each pixel.

Hope this helps.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Thanks aussiexmas. I had mucked around with pasting in the foreground and as you pointed out was getting some interesting colours. Just couldn't work out the required combination to get red to go green. I will use the copy and paste tip you pointed out. Makes things a lot easier. Thanks again.