Melbourne/Vic Victorian mini for 2017 6th-7th May

Event details

Event date
Saturday, May 6, 2017 Sunday, May 7, 2017
Registration deadline
Friday, May 5, 2017
Username Guest count Note
djgra79 djgra79 1 Spoiler content hidden.
burnt burnt 1
andrewa andrewa 1
P pmac 1
cdjazman cdjazman 1 Spoiler content hidden.
M mccar 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Roosta Roosta 1 Spoiler content hidden.
gerry gerry 1
A averagebloke 1 Spoiler content hidden.
damona damona 1
tuppetsdad tuppetsdad 1
Wendys Wendys 1
ԆцряєсϮ ԆцряєсϮ 1 Spoiler content hidden.
battle79 battle79 1 Spoiler content hidden.
M muzzag50 1 Spoiler content hidden.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
With the wiki down for the moment are we able to get an idea of costs and what is needed/required for help and food etc.....

I noticed in a previous post the times are as follows;

Sat 6 (9.00 AM to 4.00 PM) and Sun 7 May 2016 (9.00 AM to 3.00 PM), Breakfast from 8.15 AM each day

@tuppetsdad Bruce would you be able to confirm the above times suit and are correct? Previously breakfast is just BBQ eggs and bacon sandwiches.
Regarding what is required, if you'd like to bring items for show and tell that should be fine. Regarding food, if anyone has specific dietary requirements, feel free to bring along your own snacks or food as required. I will probably just grab some chips, biscuits and muffins etc for snacking during the day, and possibly utilise BBQ for lunch both days??
As for costs it's around $20-25 per person to cover food costs mostly.

Roosta

Full time elf
Just letting u guys know I may be late to the start of the day on the saturday, and will probably have to leave around lunch time on the sunday.. Bit of a drive there n back is all.. :)

tuppetsdad

Funding & Tech Support
@tuppetsdad Bruce would you be able to confirm the above times suit and are correct? Previously breakfast is just BBQ eggs and bacon sandwiches.
Regarding what is required, if you'd like to bring items for show and tell that should be fine. Regarding food, if anyone has specific dietary requirements, feel free to bring along your own snacks or food as required. I will probably just grab some chips, biscuits and muffins etc for snacking during the day, and possibly utilise BBQ for lunch both days??
As for costs it's around $20-25 per person to cover food costs mostly.
Hi Graham yes times will be fine. I will be there from 8.30 onwards to open the door. Need someone to fire up the BBQ. Will arrange eggs, bacon and rolls plus coffee and tea for Saturday and Sunday.

tuppetsdad

Funding & Tech Support
If you are coming to the Melb Mini and have a DIY project you would like to show (pics etc) and tell members about this is your chance - you automatically get a spot on either Saturday or Sunday for 30 mins. ....So who wants to show their stuff - small or big all blinky is good.

pmac

New elf
Hi everyone,
I'm looking forward to tomorrow.
I'd really like to learn about installation of items like installing strips on roofs and gutters and tips and tricks on making items such as mini trees with corflute and ideas for arches that people have. Light sequencing would also be extremely helpful.
I look forward to meeting everyone tomorrow.
Cheers,
Patrick

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
Hey Patrick. I'm sure all of your questions will be answered!

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf

gerry

Senior elf

pmac

New elf
Thanks Tuppetsdad for the great location and thanks to everyone for being so welcoming to a newby.

It is great to have such a great community to get help from.