Video Flickering using Xscheduler

jamesssydney

New elf
Evening,

I'm getting flickering on my video when using the FSEQ+video on Xscheduler. The video type I'm using is an MP4 frame width 1280 height 720. The monitor size is 1920x1080

Just wondering what I need to do to correct this?

Kind regards

James

jamesssydney

New elf
@keithsw1111 thank you for getting back to me.

I couldn't find Video Hardware Decoding (is this in Xlights or Xschedule?) I did find #Use Hardware Accelerated video on Xschedule. I've turned this off and the video plays on my monitor (1920x1080) no problems, but when I move to my data projector which has a resolution of 3840x2160 the video is very slow and jumpy.

If I leave the video window size at (1920x1080) and play on the data projector it plays fine. As soon as I make the screen it bigger it slows down/jumps.

Any idea on how to fix this?

Iain

Full time elf
So it’s a 2k projector? You could try setting the output resolution to 1080p and let the projector do its own upscaling. It won’t be as good as a 2k movie, but it might be good enough for your display.

jamesssydney

New elf
Thanks @Iain I actually found the Video Hardware Decoding on xlights under preference/other tab and switched it on. Then rendered the clip again and all is working perfectly. Appreciate the reply!