Video Tutorial on How to create easy powerful chases with LSP macros

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Ive been asked by a few people on how to create chases in LSP and it appears many have not yet discovered the ease and power of using macros to create great looking chases for either individual elements or a whole display by using Layers and macros.
So I hope LSP user may benifit from this short video

https://vimeo.com/52222039

Bevo

Let your Light Shine before men
Great work Eddy ;)

I cant believe how easy that is. This is a great tool and thank you so much for sharing it.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I was waiting to see how long it would take before someone asks. :D

Now that everyone knows how to create great easy chase effects in LSP by using Office word and excel drawing tools and then using the snipit tool to capture that chase effect, I hope that other will now also offer up their drawings as well.

So dpitts has already been kind enough to offer up a few which ive used and ill put a few of mine over there as well. So guys please add to the effects library thread as the more types of effects offered the better for all of us.
http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,2688.0.html

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
Video Tutorial on How to create easy powerful chases with LSP macros

FE you are a legend! That is relatively simple and stupid powerful!

kane

Dedicated elf
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:

Now that everyone knows how to create great easy chase effects in LSP by using Office word and excel drawing tools and then using the snipit tool to capture that chase effect, I hope that other will now also offer up their drawings as well.

So dpitts has already been kind enough to offer up a few which ive used and ill put a few of mine over there as well. So guys please add to the effects library thread as the more types of effects offered the better for all of us.
Brilliant - will do the same if I create some images. Thanks for that.

What do you think the advantages of using the macros are, over using the old undocumented "chase" feature of LSP? (where you copy an effect from a single channel, hold down shift and drag, to create a chase across multiple channels) I suppose one thing is you can resize by dragging it, or readjust the settings by double-clicking the macro...

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Kane said:
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:

Brilliant - will do the same if I create some images. Thanks for that.

What do you think the advantages of using the macros are, over using the old undocumented "chase" feature of LSP? (where you copy an effect from a single channel, hold down shift and drag, to create a chase across multiple channels) I suppose one thing is you can resize by dragging it, or readjust the settings by double-clicking the macro...

The maceos offer a lot more control and simplicity to very complex chases over multiple items in your display.

The traditional way still works great on individual elements. It also has effects like ease in and ease out which the macro chase doesnt have.

So the way i treat it is doing a chase on a single element like an arch will look better using the traditional grid based method. But when doing chases over an entire display or many elements then the macros is a far better way.

jaywalk101

New elf
I wanted to share with people something I learned last night. To add to FastEddy's video tutorial. Let's say you want to do a chase over a solid color. You can add two Macro Color Sliders, set the first color slider position for start and stop to On Screen, choose the solid color for your element and check Allow background image. Now you want to add another Color Slider and set the start and stop positions to Off Screen. Make sure you check Allow background image and the Link checkbox and this will overlay both color sliders at the same time. Yet another easy and powerful option for your chases......

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
jaywalk101 said:
I wanted to share with people something I learned last night. To add to FastEddy's video tutorial. Let's say you want to do a chase over a solid color. You can add two Macro Color Sliders, set the first color slider position for start and stop to On Screen, choose the solid color for your element and check Allow background image. Now you want to add another Color Slider and set the start and stop positions to Off Screen. Make sure you check Allow background image and the Link checkbox and this will overlay both color sliders at the same time. Yet another easy and powerful option for your chases......

Thanks for sharing that. What this allows is a chase with a background colour

jaywalk101

New elf
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
jaywalk101 said:

Thanks for sharing that. What this allows is a chase with a background colour

No problem... I wish I knew this last year.. :) also wanted to point out that the background color (1st slider) can be any gradient, not just a solid color. I'm also going to try some other macro combinations and see what type of different effects I can achieve and share them here....