virtual santa - mylar paper

burner

Full time elf
Looking at going down the virtual santa path with this years display. Does anyone know of a local supplier of mylar paper (preferably in Melbourne)? I have purchased the shower curtain, but it's creased a lot, and the image through it is not the best.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
I used lycra last year and I wasnt too happy with it. It is too transparent and you can see thru it.
I will be going back to using white plastic table cloth from Spotlight.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
they both have there good and bad points.
I also had Lycra on my garage as a jumbo screen to project video clips to the music.

The Lycra unfortunately stretched and bubbled out from the breeze by the end of the month.
The plastic isn't kid proof and they like to poke there fingers thru it.

I think I will just find it easier to replace the plastic every year as it only about $2.50 for the plastic table cloth sheet.

burner

Full time elf
interesting idea, I'll checkout Spotlight on the weekend. Is the table cloth material sold on a roll? Got a picture of the packaging, or an item number? I looked at the lycra last time I was there, but it was a little pricey, at around $25/m.

kane

Dedicated elf
ѕυρєямαη said:
I also had Lycra on my garage as a jumbo screen to project video clips to the music.

The Lycra unfortunately stretched and bubbled out from the breeze by the end of the month.
You chose a great topic for your 1000th post Steve - paper and lycra. Says a lot! :)

burner

Full time elf
Just went to spotlight this morning and picked up the $2.29 plastic table cover from the party supplies area. Will give it a go tonight and see what it looks like in the dark.

ali

New elf
All I did was go to spotlight and get some cheap cotton white fabric then tacked/ nailed it into the corners of the window frame!
Worked well for me!!

tuppet

Apprentice elf
we use a (very) old sheet which is so thin you can see shadows and movement through it in normal light. Works fantastically hung inside our window.

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
I understand this is an old thread but I was going to use the virtual Santa this year with the projector inside a bedroom projecting onto a sheet over the window so the sheet would have to be transparent. Is the Lycra or plastic table cloth transparent so you will see the image outside? Or what can I use as I don't want the projector outside.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
We just use a white bed sheet. I do also use a layer black voil which helps with removing any background glow

Skunberg

Full time elf
I use dollar store shower curtain white (not clear) and a hair dryer to get the wrinkles out. Thumb tack it to outside edge of the window trim. Cheap and has worked great for several years now. You don't need to get every crease out just the tight ones that you might see from the street. For a dollar try it out and see how you like it.