Visitor Feedback

MarcD

Full time elf
The thing I enjoy most about lights is the feedback you get from visitors. Most of it relates to virtual Santa and the sleigh, especially the sleigh. Last night, one of our regular local families stopped by. Their nine yo daughter ran in and jumped in the sleigh. The parents told me they had dedicated the night to driving around looking at lights. The first place they visited was Geoff's (Aussiexmas) Sinnamon Lights. They had only been there five minutes when the daughter started complaining that she just wanted to see her favourites, the one with the sleigh. They came back home, grabbed their two dogs and headed around.

Sorry Geoff. Feel free to send people our way when they're done with you. The more the merrier.

AussieDoug

Full time elf
It's a great feeling when they tell you how much they enjoy the lights & show that we put on for them. This is the first year I've run a fully controlled show & the response has been unbelievable. I've been given heaps of thank you cards & last night the people that own China Town restaurant came by. They came over thanked me for what I have done, then gave me a hug (4 of them) and an envelope with 2 dinner vouchers. It certainly gives you the warm fuzzies :)
Doug

MarcD

Full time elf
The other one that stood out from last night, was a young asian couple. No kids, just husband and wife. They wandered around for a while and then he asked for a photo of the sleigh. I said sure. Next thing he's guiding me into the sleigh and putting his arm around me (seeking permission at every stage). They got the photo and left. Meanwhile I'm thinking, okay, that just happened.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
LMAO @ your photo op.

This is AussieXmas's last year so he won't be sending any more around in the future :(

AussieDoug

Full time elf
What I find super funny is everyone getting all excited about meeting me & I sit there thinking. It's not me you love it's the lights :)
Like when Larry Emdur use to host the TV show "The Price is Right" the women would get all excited jump all over him & he would state. You don't love me, you love the free white goods.

Habbosrus

Back again
I've had a great year. The kids squealing with delight, the Mums & Dads singing along to my quirky Christmas songs and the Grandparents with huge smiles on their faces. They all have similar questions like, How do you do that? How do you get the music on the radio :eek: :eek: :eek:
I love it all.
I decided to buy some candy canes and had a few donated by the local Woolworths store. If I gauge the popularity of the show by the amount of candy canes handed out, it's been a huge success. To date I've handed out over 1100 candy canes. I'm hoping my wife can source some bulk candy canes today because I'm down to 200. If last night is anything to go by, I'll run out tonight :D

MarcD

Full time elf
Hasn't he said that every year for the past five?

I'd be happy to buy his lights off him. That would certainly make it final. He can replace them with a sign directing people to my place.

AAH said:
LMAO @ your photo op.

This is AussieXmas's last year so he won't be sending any more around in the future :(