Visualiser questions

gerry

Senior elf
Hello,

1. I have a few Coro starts with pixel modules per star that, (at this stage) I do not wish to control the pixels individually. When I draw a star in the Visualiser (ie Draw Controller Channel images), it does not ask whether it should be split across multiple channels. Why is this ? (The LSP tutorial videos just say it wont , but don't say why).
(I have a single controller (element) per star at this stage ie each point does not have its own element (as yet).

2. I have a spurious 'item' (ie figure) on the visualizer (which no doubt will later cause some as yet unknown angst). Is there a way of determining which controller/element this belongs to (so that I can then clear the channel images and draw that one only again) or is there a way it can otherwise be deleted ?

3. If there is one item (lets say a small segment of strip), that was "misbehaving" ie did not quite follow the colors that it was directed to output :( , but the config appeared to be correct ie test controller hardware is correct, could it be because it was added to the visualizer incorrectly ? (aka item 2 above).

3. If you configured say a 10 meter strip and forgot to add it to the visualizer( draw controller channel images), when you ran it with the output on , would it output the lights to the strip , or must it exist on the visualizer to have an affect ?
Is there a way of checking each controller/element to see which figure on the visualizer belongs to it ?

Regards

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
1: The reason would be because there are many variety of stars and so this is a hard one to make a drawing tool for with pixels. If you want to control them as a whole then it really doesnt matter how you draw them as long as they are in the correct place in the visualizer. you could just draw them as a simple line if you wanted. I have drawn my stars manually with the correct layout and pixels using just lines.

2: Now with the unwanted drawing, to find which channels it is then all you need to do is apply a pattern with a macro across the whole display, the channles that share a drawing will come out with a blended colour that is from the two drawings and then be noticeable.

3: This would be cause by an addressing issue so it sounds like the channels are out by one or 2, so ensure you have the correct channel mapping for that element.

4: If you just manually sequence in the grid then the lights will work, if you use macros or transitions then it wont apply effects because it doesnt know it exists and where it is located in the visualizer, so to use macros and transitions you must draw the element in the visualizer.

Sounds like to me you have just created large controllers and then just drew and divided up the controller channels for your elements thus making it hard to know what you have drawn. The best way is to create a controller for each element with the appropriate channel numbers and name and then you wont get lost.

Please view this video to get a better idea what im talking about http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php?topic=2404.msg20995#msg20995

gerry

Senior elf
Fasteddy said:
Sounds like to me you have just created large controllers and then just drew and divided up the controller channels for your elements thus making it hard to know what you have drawn. The best way is to create a controller for each element with the appropriate channel numbers and name and then you wont get lost.

Thanks Eddy for your quick response ! I know now where to look

Actually , I have set up the controllers as per one of the videos - each one named to point to exactly the element that it controls (eg "Garage gutter") , " Extreme Left vertical top" etc. Each one is quite small. What I forgot to do was add them all to the visualizer as I defined them - I know I did some.Did not use macros till fairly recently , so did not see much of an issue. With my current size , I simply look at the lights being output as I go along from time to time - they are all labeled and attached with zip ties to 10 metres of plastic garden netting hung on the walls (similar to the one at the Sydney mini)

Then I found that I could not determine which ones I had added to the visualizer and which ones I had not, so suspect that some may have been defined more than once particularly as I changed my mind on where I would physically place the items and accordingly drew them [perhaps again] on the visualizer.
hence the visualizer questions.

I could clear all of them and re-do, bit wanted to know if there was a better way.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
gerry said:
Fasteddy said:

Thanks Eddy for your quick response ! I know now where to look

Actually , I have set up the controllers as per one of the videos - each one named to point to exactly the element that it controls (eg "Garage gutter") , " Extreme Left vertical top" etc. Each one is quite small. What I forgot to do was add them all to the visualizer as I defined them - I know I did some.Did not use macros till fairly recently , so did not see much of an issue. With my current size , I simply look at the lights being output as I go along from time to time - they are all labeled and attached with zip ties to 10 metres of plastic garden netting hung on the walls (similar to the one at the Sydney mini)

Then I found that I could not determine which ones I had added to the visualizer and which ones I had not, so suspect that some may have been defined more than once particularly as I changed my mind on where I would physically place the items and accordingly drew them [perhaps again] on the visualizer.
hence the visualizer questions.

I could clear all of them and re-do, bit wanted to know if there was a better way.

To determine which ones are done and which ones are not you will notice a white bar next to the channels that have a drawing allocated and the ones without a drawing dont have this bar. so expand the controller and take a look to see if there is a white bar next to the channel.

arw01

Full time elf
Eddie got you lined out pretty good. Sometimes to find an errant drawing, I will fill the whole channels with an off color and go see which one lights up..

gerry

Senior elf
Fasteddy said:
3: This would be cause by an addressing issue so it sounds like the channels are out by one or 2, so ensure you have the correct channel mapping for that element.

Hi Eddy,

Spot on ! Work up at 2 am and the penny dropped ! I had carefully checked the start address of each segment as I connected it (using the LSP test hardware function against the defined controller) and they had all been correct. Then much later, I decided to add null pixels wherever the connecting lengths were more than 3.5 metres. I adjusted the initial ones within the P2 configs , but had not acounted for the others that were added in between segments (as I had 'postponed' reconfiguring all the segments and then forgot about it)
BTW - have only 2300 channels so far, but 32 controllers defined

gerry

Senior elf
arw01 said:
Eddie got you lined out pretty good. Sometimes to find an errant drawing, I will fill the whole channels with an off color and go see which one lights up..

Thanks and to Eddy too. Will give that a shot.