Visulizer freezing

burner

Full time elf
Just sequencing my display this year and have so far made up about 3 minutes of sequence. I usually create a 5minute no music sequence to loop while the music shows aren't running. I've been noticing the longer the sequence is getting, the more the visualizer is freezing during playback. My sequence is currently at 40mb. At this stage, I need to exit LSP and then go back in, and sometimes the sequence will play through, other times it plays for a while then locks up. After it locks up once, I can no longer use the visualizer until I restart LSP. The play button stays greyed out and the stop button is black when this happens. I can hit the stop button and continue sequencing however. I'm not even outputting to the controller here.
Is there a fix for this?

Charl Marais

For my twins was the excuse I started with.
Having the same problems and stopped using LSP altogether.
Back to sequencing and visualising in LOR and even with almost 24000 channels I am having no problems.
I really hope the new release for LSP in October will solve these issues :( .

burner

Full time elf
I was wondering if it has to do with the avi files I added into the transition section? I noticed that they around 20,000kbps quality and 640x480. I've use 2 so far and applied them to my tree only.

kenlmcse

Lightshowpro Developer
You will be happy with the upcoming 2.8 release!

There was some buggy code that got cleaned up.

For sure you want to optimize, it cleans up and removes things out of the files that cause some of these issues.

Also a 40meg file, you should be using the 64 bit version. You are getting close to the 32bit memory limit.

dale82

Senior elf
I had the same issue in 2.5 but as ken said this issue has been fixed in the upcoming release

burner

Full time elf
KenL said:
You will be happy with the upcoming 2.8 release!

There was some buggy code that got cleaned up.

For sure you want to optimize, it cleans up and removes things out of the files that cause some of these issues.

Also a 40meg file, you should be using the 64 bit version. You are getting close to the 32bit memory limit.
It says 64 bit at the top already in LSP. I have seen it chew up around 3.5-4GB of RAM at some stages too.

I made a post last night on the LSP forums about this issue and the fact that when the output is turning on, it doesn't work at all. 1 suggestion was to collapse or not show all channels and to optimize. I had already been optimizing and had all channels collapsed. Even if I played back 5 seconds of the file it would fail too.

This morning I unticked all the layers so that all I could see was the dead pixels listed (which don't belong to any layers) and the output played all the way through the sequence (could just be a random coincidence). I also tested it in the scheduler and it too played right through (however because I didn't have a controller connected I can't say if there was any lockups with the output, which is what I had last year). I've tried to keep my 5 minute sequence down to around 15 frames per second to try and avoid any issues with sending too much data at the same time (if that helps at all).
Hopefully next weeks release solves this issue for me.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
The latest beta seems to be a big improvement as prior to this I couldn't run my sequence on my 8gb laptop without it freezing up in the visualizer, Now it runs all the way through, I do still see some stutter during the playback. On my 32gb system it runs smooth all the way through without any stutter when it had some stutter before