Vixen 3 - still in alpha stage

I

indudio

is vixen 3 stable enough to sequence for xmas 2013?

i am tossing up whether to use vixen 3.0, stick with vixen 2.5 or moving to HLS for next year.

if anyone has any feedback.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
just bite the bullet and move to LSP. im glad i used it this year. may not be priceless but the results are.

JPB

Full time elf
I am planning to replace all my 240v rope light with pixel strips this year and will upgrade from Vixen 2 to a more pixel friendly package at the same time.
I am going to play with Vixen 3 for the first part of the year and see how I and it goes with a fallback solution of HLS.

Jon

I

indudio

Hey YG!

I can see your a lsp fan lol :)

I won't have pixels next year. Also I am baulking at lsp due to some feedback recently here, particularly with computer power required to run lsp. Ie my computer is older and believe it does 't have the processing power needed to run it properly.

Hence looking at other sequencers. I used vixen 2.5 this year with no issues. Am planning to start sequencing in January 2013.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
mine is a older computer also and runs it fine it all depends on yoru channel count really and how many transitions you use. there is a few tricks the guys have shown me with lsp.
I heard those same rumours before i moved to LSP as i came from LOR and that is a very stable program. Now saying that i would not change back with the effects that i can get with LSP im hooked.
so even with a older computer it works fine

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Just be aware that LSP has now has a new owner, new programmer and new team and the direction agreed apon by the LSP Quality Control Committee is to improve both stability and performance of LSP. LSP doesnt need many new fatures as its feature rich as it is. Personally for me there is no other software package out there that could have done what i wanted for my show this year.

I

indudio

Cool!

I am not running pixels yet, only some dumb rgb and mainly led strings. My impression was that lsp was for more rgb pixel.

I agree with you FE and YL about LSP and it's features (FE show was amazing!) but I am a few years away from getting pixels, and am building a house next year so the budget is pretty tight!

Not much has been said about lsp and it's use with non rgb items and rgb dumb strip. Do you have any feedback for using lsp for this?