3.x Vixen 3 - zooming in virtual preview

scamper

Dedicated elf
I am not sure if it was just me. Or if you have noticed this. But I downloaded the latest test vixen3 and the first thing I noticed is that if you zoom in on your display draw an item, then zoom out, it does not resize the item. So in other words it does not pin the item to the background accurately. (I thought I would try it as I wanted the star)

While you are working in this area, Is there any way that we can have a freehand tool in the display. I don't pretend to know how difficult this is, but when you want a complex shape and have to use straight lines or circles it turns out such a mess.

one last thing, is it possible to resize the items inside the sequence area. when I did my first sequence, I found that as I wanted 4 different sub elements to do the same thing, when I opened up the tree to display them, they did not fit on the page and I can only see this get worse the more elements you have.

I am in no way criticizing as I think this software is awesome, I just thought I would bring it to your attention.

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
Re: Re: Vixen info please post here

scamper said:
I am not sure if it was just me. Or if you have noticed this. But I downloaded the latest test vixen3 and the first thing I noticed is that if you zoom in on your display draw an item, then zoom out, it does not resize the item. So in other words it does not pin the item to the background accurately. (I thought I would try it as I wanted the star)

While you are working in this area, Is there any way that we can have a freehand tool in the display. I don't pretend to know how difficult this is, but when you want a complex shape and have to use straight lines or circles it turns out such a mess.

one last thing, is it possible to resize the items inside the sequence area. when I did my first sequence, I found that as I wanted 4 different sub elements to do the same thing, when I opened up the tree to display them, they did not fit on the page and I can only see this get worse the more elements you have.

I am in no way criticizing as I think this software is awesome, I just thought I would bring it to your attention.

On the vixen website there is a section there to submit bugs an issues.
Most talk an monitoring of idea's come from diyc (doityourselfchristmas)

battle79

Full time elf
Re: Re: Vixen info please post here

It is still a little buggy as far as the preview goes, I have found that you need to give it time to rescale after changing zoom, and then stop and restart the preview in the preview setup page.

Should resolve most issues until fixed up properly.

P.S. It seems to run my 17k of channels on an i7 desktop no problem at all. That makes me happy!

adski

Dave Brown
scamper said:

Yes it is.

Click on the "View" menu and you'll see

View-Zoom.png

You can zoom the timeline in and out, as well as zoom the element tree display in and out by using the menu or the listed hot keys. You can also zoom the timeline by using the mouse wheel with the [control] key.

Also useful - the mouse wheel scrolls the element tree, and [shift] mouse wheel pans the timeline.

Dave

scamper

Dedicated elf
Re: Re: Vixen 3 - zooming in virtual preview

Thanks adski, I had a brain fart when I tried to resize. :-[ I attempted to drag in the timeline when I should know better, I just tried again dragging in the description area and all works as it should.
In my defence when I was trying to resize it was at around 1am after 6hours of sequencing already. :p

davrus

Silent elf

Presumably you guys are using the 3.0.11 Dev Build.

So it must be stable enough to use for "productive" designing/sequencing ?

I want to use it, as I have some spinners/starbursts that I want to include in my display. Could I design them in, and then step back to 3.0.10 ?

scamper

Dedicated elf

I am not sure if it has changed, but when I did a test sequence and stepped back, It lost the bits like the star that was drawn, so I don't believe at this stage you could.
Someone correct me if I am wrong.