Voice Acting

Joshaaye

Hoping that everything still works..
Hey everyone

So for this years show, I really like Logan Carpenters Talking Trees clips in the Google drive. So this year I want to do something very similar, but make it my own a little bit as well. I was just wondering if you guys had any recommendations on voice actors to do probably a total of 3 minutes of talking between 2 trees. I considered doing it myself but my voice acting isn't the greatest and it's pretty easy to recognise it's just me for both voices. I really wanted to use something like Altered AI and just record it myself, but I just can't justify such a large cost for a program I'll barely use.

Thanks!

Joshaaye

https://www.fiverr.com/ search for voice over

Personally not used either, but have seen good recommendations
Cheers, yeah I actually was just browsing Fiverr to see if I liked any.

brando

Full time elf
I created a quick one using the TikTok text to voice feature. A bit of mucking around but created the text, saved the video to my phone, sent to my computer, extracted the mp3 from the video and cut it all together in audacity as one.
Sounds like more work than it was.
The TikTok voices aren’t the best, but at least they have some familiarity, and free.

I won’t do it again, but that’s merely because I’m not creative enough to come up with the script.

Dez

Fueled by Christmas - Inspired by You!
Easiest way is write a script and then pay someone on fiver to do it.

Dez

Fueled by Christmas - Inspired by You!
Hey everyone

So for this years show, I really like Logan Carpenters Talking Trees clips in the Google drive. So this year I want to do something very similar, but make it my own a little bit as well. I was just wondering if you guys had any recommendations on voice actors to do probably a total of 3 minutes of talking between 2 trees. I considered doing it myself but my voice acting isn't the greatest and it's pretty easy to recognise it's just me for both voices. I really wanted to use something like Altered AI and just record it myself, but I just can't justify such a large cost for a program I'll barely use.

Thanks!
Where do I find the talking tree image?

Joshaaye

Just an update on this. I used https://www.respeecher.com/ to AI voice clone and record everything myself. Reeeally happy with the outcome and does a great job overall of making it not sound like me.

I saw they posted last night that their program is credited in episodes 3 & 4 of Kenobi. So really shows how good the quality is.

Joshaaye

Cheers @brando. Yep they're both my voice just altered differently. I basically talked slightly higher pitched for one and selected a voice from the software and then used my normal voice for another one with another voice from the software.

I recorded each speaking part individually and then mashed them together in Audacity.