Warm White Addressable Strings - Do these exist?

ajobbins

New elf
In the past we have had some warm white LED strings on our Christmas tree, and I've just used a smart plug to turn them on and off. I'd like to get some similar string lights but ideally addressable ones that could do some cooler effects than the standard/cheap ones - but do these exist?

Bonus would be ones that could be wifi controlled somehow.

I could maybe DIY something, but I don't really have the time at the moment so would prefer to buy something, if it exists.

Appreciate any pointers

ajobbins

New elf
I am thinking mono warm white ideally. RGBWW would be fine, but I don't really need colour.

I have some other SK6812 LEDs for other projects, driven with WLED on ESP8266/ESP32s, but I really just want to some clean string lights. What you have linked to aren't ideal as they are just a bunch of wires with LED modules soldered in. My ideal would be some strings that looked very similar to these, but addressable

ajobbins

New elf
OK I think I found what I am looking for - just OUCH at the price

If anyone has a cheaper source of essentially the same things I'd appreciate it

Katekate

Senior elf
OK I think I found what I am looking for - just OUCH at the price

If anyone has a cheaper source of essentially the same things I'd appreciate it
yeah, twinkly is $$$$. Their app is clever, but you certainly pay a premium for their stuff.

ajobbins

New elf
My other consideration is getting something quickly. Tree wlll be going up soon, and anything I ordered now from AliExpress may not even arrive this side of xmas.

I may just go old school this year, and look for a better option ahead of next Christmas, maybe there will be some other options in the market. If I could go into a store and buy the Twinkly one tomorrow I'd probably just weep and do it, but even those seem to be online order only and might not get to me in time.