Warning POM on board

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Glad you could join us convicts over the other side of the world. You will find a lot of great cutting edge info here created by a lot of extremely smart guys. The chat room is a hive of knowledge

As far as 240v 50hz gear that is so last year ;), the new direction in lighting is the use of DC .
If your needing 240VAC boards then Lightorama can provide them, as at this time of the year it may be hard to get any of the DIY options unless someone wants to part with them. Any of the US 110vAC can be easily modified to run on 240VAC

Pyrotech

New elf
Well Eddy, I may be an old POM fart, but I'm willing to learn new tricks. if DC is the route then I'll be there.

Just been drooling over the tigers... seems I'm too late this time round, but I'll be watching.

I was having probs with the 120v boards, not being sure which ones could be used in UK, I was planning on a couple of Lynx express to start with.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
It does make sense to go down the DC path as it is safer for the hobby, LEDs conduct electricity only 1 way so its perfectly suited for DC and as well all the new RGB and pixel based lighting work on DC volatages as well. If you like the Tiger baords, you should see the new TP3244 pixel controllers, another great piece of work by Phil and Tabor.
Now we take no responsability for your addiction so if your worried about wanting to spend money on this hobby then leave now or forever be hooked :D

Hope you enjoy