Watts needed for show

Pokitren

New elf
Last year I had a 40 watt amp (oh it said it was 120 but based on input power, no way) and some marine speakers (that were way too small but eh jaycar) because I wasn't planning to have music playing, but so many people turned up by foot I had to cobble something together. It was loud enough that I could just hear it inside the house (in the kitchen besides the window) and anyone sitting in front of the tree could hear it (so long as their children weren't screaming), I couldn't turn it any louder without awful distortion. This year I have about 240 watts on the amp and much better "outdoor" speakers that do sound much better, easily reaches what I think (won't know till I set it up outside and go visit the neighbour across the road to see if it disrupts them) will be a good volume level without distorting. You don't need much, you're not putting on a rave.

Only thing special I have is a tiny little wifi enabled FM receiver because I couldn't find *any* radio reasonably priced, would find in a weather resistant box and didn't have some sort of soft power function. It's awesome site!
Yes, we have to ask the neighbors, because the speakers may be too quiet for me, and the neighbors are already calling the police xD

Last edited:

Freman

Uh Oh Elf
Generous elf
Yes, we have to ask the neighbors, because the speakers may be too quiet for me, and the neighbors are already calling the police xD
I checked with all our neighbours, made sure they had my phone number, if they have any issues call or message and I'll figure out a way to resolve it. No-one had an issue but the Grinch up the road who hated the concept of lights entirely (he's a good guy, just not into it and he only jokingly complained) who now has a girlfriend who is into it so this year he's putting lights up too lol.