Web site GURU wanted

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Anyone here, who is a jet with website creation want to assist me in the near future by rebuilding my webpage. I have come to the conclusion that blogs/forums & similar are not for me. i just want a standard webpage with clicky buttons on the top navigating with easy to update information abilities.

I have the server already as seen at www.deejailights.com thanks to harrisonk, but basically, want a fresh look to the page with a members login if wanted.

Anyone want to give it a crack (preferably for free)

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
again, tried a wordpress site earlier this year, and well perhaps it is just that i am not too fluent with themes for it.. I didnt like the appearance.. perhaps I need another look into it

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
A CMS webside is proby your best bet, esp if you wish to change thing yourself in the future..
otherwise sites like lithgow's ryan's an mine are all hard code written.

CMS = Custom Managerment Software
Wordpress is one of many out there, joomela is another popular one.

harrisonk

Dedicated elf
and if you stick a pre made CMS on there then you dont have to worry about design a security system that will keep hackers out.

If you log into your cpanel account there is auto installers for Joomla & Wordpress & 297 other CMS's

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
hackers will get into any website, but the Australian federal police takes all reports seriously.
some webhosts cant offer the security others can.

but a basic webpage can be made in office word an uploaded