Weird behavior of pixicles

Kitman

Full time elf
So I put up all 7 strings of my Pixicles on the weekend to test them and make sure they are going to work the way I want, and when performing a test I noticed that 1 of my strings wasn't showing the right colours.

When set in the controller to show red 3 strings showed red and the last showed green, when set to green it showed blue and then when set to blue it showed red. OK so this string for some reason is wired gbr and not rgb, so I changed the colour order in the controller to gbr and then it was showing the right colours, however when running some sample sequences some of the times the colours were all wrong, when it was meant to show white snowflakes running down the pixicles with a red center the snowflakes were like green and yellow and the center was blue, however when I had a colour wash it seemed to display the correct colours.

I have 2 spare pixicles strings so thinking of just swapping them over but I have no idea why it would be doing this when I have set the correct colour order in the controller.

Running Vixen software, anyone have any ideas?

Kitman

Full time elf
I am using a Sandevice controller which is where I changed the string properties from RGB to GBR and when running the built in test pattern it showed the correct colours, it's just on some of the sequences where it's misbehaving, not all sequences though which is why it's odd.

i13

Dedicated elf
I had similar things happening when running Vixen 3.1 last year. I would get the wrong lights come on but it seemed to be quite random. I could play the sequence through without making any changes and sometimes this would happen, sometimes not. Didn't happen often enough throughout the sequence to be a big problem but it still annoyed me.

I had E1.31 out from the laptop's ethernet port and a USB-DMX dongle that I've now phased out for this year. I even had E1.31 channels coming on when it should have been DMX ones.

Maybe try playing the sequence with Falcon Player.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Check that you are not using a 512 channel DMX universe because RGB is 510 channels to a universe. This can then offset colours for lights using the second universe because channel 1 of the second universe is blue instead of red. So try and keep the universes to 510 channels

Kitman

Full time elf
Fixed my issue. I couldn't count. I had the end channel of one output set to Universe 12 channel 60 and the start of the next output set to Universe 12 channel 60 so it was 1 channel out causing it to think red was green and throwing off all of the sequences.

Corrected the channel number to 61 and wohoo working, saved all of my stuff being put in the big green bin in frustration.