1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

Well too hot

Discussion in 'Leaping Arches, Driveway Arches & RGB Arches' started by the grinch, Dec 5, 2015.

1. the grinch

the grinch I guess I could use a little social interaction

Well apparently our driveway arches don't like 40 + degree celsius heat [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]is there something better I can do .they have stood proudly erect for approximately 5 weeks withstood extreme winds etc but gone limp with heat . Oh and yes am aware I used the terms erect and limp as would be certain to get a response helpfull or not .!,

2. AAH

AAH I love blinky lights :) Community Project Designer

Find Me On:
    I feel for you Jason but have no idea how to help. Just after seeing this post I walked outside and 1 of my garage door decor thingies had again fallen down after the adhesive gave way in the 40C heat here :(

3. OP
    OP
    the grinch

Yes this heat certainly takes a toll on us .oh and by the way guys I still believe haven't got that clap thingy just trying to keep the bride happy!

4. dropbear_luke

dropbear_luke Full Time Elf

Just tell people it's meant to look like that. Adds an artistic flair.

5. lizardking

lizardking IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT

Find Me On:
    grinch try and get some dark fishing line and tie the top of the 2nd arch where is bends over the driveway to the first star picket and 3rd to the second picket and so on and then tie back the other way in a criss cross pattern see if that helps

6. OP
    OP
    the grinch

Hey thx guys yes bride don't like the abstract art look of arches tried that one . Going to try guy ropes (fishing line great idea) thx just need to remember my knots aint been fishing for ages ,!

7. OP
    OP
    the grinch

Ah ha lizard thx worked a treat took me longer to find my tackle box they are standing upright once again . Will see how they take tomorrow's heat 43 tomorrow but great easy fix for tonight thx mate

8. lizardking

lizardking IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT

Find Me On:
    hope it hold up mate

9. OP
    OP
    the grinch

Yes thx lizard and alan we use a lot of this double sided tape crazy sticky stuff and cheap I get frustrated as so sticky sticks to fingers etc [​IMG]works good for us .lot cheaper than proper automotive gear wich is superb but way too expensive.

10. plasmadrive

plasmadrive Full Time Elf

You could try using metal conduit for the up rights and then perhaps the PVC for over the top.

Or you could actually glue the hole thing together and make it so water can flow from one end to the other with various fittings.. then use a timer and a valve and run water thru it for a minute or three every hour or so. Let the discharge water go to the plants. No wasted water and the cooling effect should keep you erect..

BTW, here in the states they say anymore than 4hrs and you need to see a doctor.. :p

11. scamper

scamper Senior Elf

Find Me On:
    I saw your arches and thought you must have a wife like mine and drove so fast up the driveway the wind tore the arches down ;)
    Good to hear you saved it.

12. Lenny

Lenny New Elf

have a look how I've done mine. its a lot more work and a bit pricey but it makes things so much better. There are two wires running from the rafters of the house the whole way forward and tied off at the front fence. the ends are set wider than the arches to prevent sideways movement.

Attached Files: