Well too hot

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Well apparently our driveway arches don't like 40 + degree celsius heat
d468abfe0c00d5a90d1febf9d8b92b34.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/04/2670a4c27eadca50ef107f402b860b67.jpg[/IMG] ] is there something better I can do .they have stood proudly erect for approximately 5 weeks withstood extreme winds etc but gone limp with heat . Oh and yes am aware I used the terms erect and limp as would be certain to get a response helpfull or not .!,

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I feel for you Jason but have no idea how to help. Just after seeing this post I walked outside and 1 of my garage door decor thingies had again fallen down after the adhesive gave way in the 40C heat here :(

the grinch

Yes this heat certainly takes a toll on us .oh and by the way guys I still believe haven't got that clap thingy just trying to keep the bride happy!

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
grinch try and get some dark fishing line and tie the top of the 2nd arch where is bends over the driveway to the first star picket and 3rd to the second picket and so on and then tie back the other way in a criss cross pattern see if that helps

the grinch

Hey thx guys yes bride don't like the abstract art look of arches tried that one . Going to try guy ropes (fishing line great idea) thx just need to remember my knots aint been fishing for ages ,!

the grinch

Ah ha lizard thx worked a treat took me longer to find my tackle box they are standing upright once again . Will see how they take tomorrow's heat 43 tomorrow but great easy fix for tonight thx mate

the grinch

Yes thx lizard and alan we use a lot of this double sided tape crazy sticky stuff and cheap I get frustrated as so sticky sticks to fingers etc
037b2b9c7c8a6658e9e890973fae5548.jpg
works good for us .lot cheaper than proper automotive gear wich is superb but way too expensive.

plasmadrive

Full time elf
You could try using metal conduit for the up rights and then perhaps the PVC for over the top.

Or you could actually glue the hole thing together and make it so water can flow from one end to the other with various fittings.. then use a timer and a valve and run water thru it for a minute or three every hour or so. Let the discharge water go to the plants. No wasted water and the cooling effect should keep you erect..

BTW, here in the states they say anymore than 4hrs and you need to see a doctor.. :p

scamper

Dedicated elf
I saw your arches and thought you must have a wife like mine and drove so fast up the driveway the wind tore the arches down ;)
Good to hear you saved it.

Lenny

New elf
have a look how I've done mine. its a lot more work and a bit pricey but it makes things so much better. There are two wires running from the rafters of the house the whole way forward and tied off at the front fence. the ends are set wider than the arches to prevent sideways movement.

Attachments

• IMG_1028.jpg
    IMG_1028.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 45