What cover to use for Rainbow Floods

budude

Way behind schedule - again...
Clever! I just got lazy and bought the plastic mounting plates from his site using the same 500W enclosure you have there (from Lowes). One thing about his plates is that it seems to require both RJ45s to be installed as they sit against the glass as a compression fit. Of course I had just gone through the trouble of removing the second RJ45 from one of the boards already...

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to the forum, your floods look great well done. These floods are very bright for the money. You should see how bright they are with 2 rainbow floods in a 500watt casing.

J

New elf
Everytime i need to fix a bainmarie when i am working i need to steal the ceramic lampholders from a 500w QI fitting, so i am always left with a brand new enclosure with no guts in it. I think i have about 5 of these saved up at the moment. I am thinking of building some high power ones with some 10mm leds of some description.

As for the rainbow floods, i have got alot of offcuts of clear acrylic 3mm sheet that i was thinking of cutting out and chemical welding the pieces into a box similar shape to the floodlight encolsures.

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
Is there a regular group buy for the rainbow floods or does everyone just order them from the US?

kane

Dedicated elf
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
I have been building a few of Pondudes rainbow floods and have been very impressed with the colour and light output that these give for under US$15. I have found the perfect cover (with the help of Phil ;) ) for these floods. The covers are from the Horizon Range of 150 watt flood lights that can be bought from Bunnings for AU$10. The flood casing is perfect for the rainbow floods and simple to build.
Has anyone seen these flood lights at bunnings recently? Am thinking of adding some floods this year, so thought I'd pop down to bunnings to grab a couple of these enclosures, but wasn't able to find any.

Christmas on Clarafield

Full time elf
Yeah I found some recently tucked away in the outdoor lighting shelves. I also received my 2 flood kits this week so as soon as I get some time off I get to have a play with them.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Saw them there in the lighting section of bunnings the other week so they still have them