what is the node layout page telling me?

everettdale

Apprentice elf
I'm trying to program faces to work on a CTB16PC controller, and if I look at the "Node Layout" window, this is what I see.

face node layout copy.jpg

I'm not sure what the Controller Connection is telling me. It says 0-4. what are those numbers.

also does everything else look correct for a face using "dumb light" strings? There should be 5 of them.

thanks

merryoncherry

Senior elf
0,1,2,3, and 4 are the 5 strings. Because it all says n1s1 that would mean that the eye and outline (I assume from inage?) goes together as part of string 1... I am not sure what you intend the 5 strings to be for to know if it is right.

everettdale

Apprentice elf
Here is the whole thing. Yes the eyes and outline are the same string. I need to use as few channels(?) nodes(?) as I can get away with because I have a limited number of them so I sacrificed being able to control the eyes and I'm using the bare minimum mouth shapes I can get away with.

What I'm confused by it the "Controller Connections" line showing 0-4. Is this the outputs/plugs numbers on my controller? because they are numbered 1-16 and 0 isn't one of them, so I can't plug a string of lights into the 0 plug. How do I know which plug each of these strings need to plug into. I can sit down and plug each one in and test if its right but that seems tedious.

Also it says "String Type" Single Color Red. Is this confirming that each of these strings are single dumb strings?

face node layout copy.jpg