What to ask when your considering buying RGB LED Pixel strings

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I know LightShow Pro has the ability to change the controller to be a GBR controller instead of a RGB controller. I'm not sure about LOR S2 as they may have not implemented this yet in LOR S2 as they want you to use their CCR, I'm not sure as I don't use LOR S2.
If this is the case that LOR S2 cannot change the RGB configuration then I would not recommend the 6803 strip at this stage for just LOR S2 users. Hopefully LOR will update their software later when they implement DMX in LOR S2 to accommodate this.

mrpackethead

Full time elf
fasteddy said:
I know LightShow Pro has the ability to change the controller to be a GBR controller instead of a RGB controller. I'm not sure about LOR S2 as they may have not implemented this yet in LOR S2 as they want you to use their CCR, I'm not sure as I don't use LOR S2.
If this is the case that LOR S2 cannot change the RGB configuration then I would not recommend the 6803 strip at this stage for just LOR S2 users. Hopefully LOR will update their software later when they implement DMX in LOR S2 to accommodate this.

Madrix lets you set things up in what every order you so desire, down to an individaul pixel level if you have to.

Gary Martin

New elf
fasteddy said:

LOR S2 requires everything to be in RGB order. Their convert to RGB channel works well enough, it is just based on the flawed assumption that everything is in that sequence.

For example, LOR S2 will let you convert a D-light Firefli from it's 16 red, 16 green, 16 blue order into 16 RGB properly or will also convert a group of RGBRGBRGBRGB correctly. Just requires that order of evaluation. ;(

Gary Martin

New elf
Okay, so if 6803 pixel strip isn't a good choice, what are the alternatives that the TP3422 could drive?

riri7707

Full time elf
This is not a "Chip problem".
As explained, this is more the fact each manufacturer wires their strings, strips in different way, and also
the fact each LED can have different pin/wires depending of the used LED.

For example you can by 2 SMD 5050 RGB LED from different suppliers or different stock and inside can be wired completely different...
Instead having in order RGB pins, you can have GBR....

You need to ask before buy to be sure to get what you need, if you cannot change the order of the colours by software...

dmoore

Senior elf
chrisl1976 said:
David....how do you change the rgb on a 6803 strip? No red, blue, green wires to switch around.

lol... it requires a little magic and in my case...an ability to better read the complete thread.