When I run test on these props I'm getting groups of lights misbehaving.

gpennin2

New elf
I'm running the data line and a ground from a Falcon F16 V3 controller. I'm injecting power and ground along the entire string from a seperate power supply on all the props. All the pixels are 5 volt. I'm injecting power at 50 pixels on the candy canes and 70 pixels on the icicles. The candy canes are 100 pixels and the icicles are 6 strings of 70 pixels.

At approximately 100 pixels on the icicles there's a group of about 20 pixels that when I run a test pattern are the wrong colors. The rest of the 420 pixel string run fine. On the candy canes when I string two candy canes together at about 30 pixels in the first candy cane a group of 10 pixels is the wrong color when running a test pattern. If I have just one candy cane running it's fine.

Any idea where my problem might be?

This is the candy canes. If I switch which candy cane gets data first. It also changes which candy cane has the issue.

View: https://youtu.be/ekG7EHse3lg

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
If the pixels showing wrong colours are at the start of a new universe, then possible pixel count wrong in controller or xlights? eg one is set to 512 pixels per universe and the other to 510?

gpennin2

New elf
Post a screenshot of the controller string config page and xlights/vixen layout tab please?

You Sir, are a genius. You hit the nail on the head. I thought when you run test on the Falcon controller it would output to the ports regardless of configuration. Boy was I wrong. I configured the string output and solved the problem. Thank you very much.

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Not at all, David_AVD and I only gave you a nudge. You're the one who figured it out!

This thread is very old. An answer might not be needed anymore.