Where and What lights are the best to buy.

Brettus

Brettus
Hi Guys,

As the title states. Where and what are the best lights to get??? Reason i ask, is my neighbour and i are having rust and moisture problems with our lights, His lights came from a christmas shop on the southside of brisbane and paid quite a lot of money and he reckons almost 90% of the lights will need to be repaired. My lights admittingly a ebay cheapies and i didnt expect much from them. Even some of the bigw lights have rust in the leds as well. Yet i have ones from 5 years ago that are still going strong with no rust in them at all. THe 5 year ones have green wires and the others have clear wires, does that make a difference.

So just wondering where people have gotten there lights from and how long have you gotten from the string???

wjohn

Apprentice elf
BigW strings in 100 and 200 count. I have some of the original 2009 strings and they are still going strong three years later.

neilteo

New elf
I am interested in your LED Rust statement! I bought some icicles, the LEDs are soldered to the wire so no connector problems, the led is heat shrunk "twice" but after only 1 christmas all of them (3 packets of 500 LED) are rusted. On inspection with a razor blade its the LED legs themselves that are rusting even up into the LED itself.

What was the outcome of your issue? Is it just that the LEDs are CHEAP crap?? How would you know until they rust?

Thanks again

Neil