Where do you get your music files from?

aliciaedwards

New elf
Hi all,
Title is pretty much self explanatory... I just bought a track from GooglePlay and downloaded it as an MP3 and it seems to load into LSP but when I hit playback, nothing happens. If I try to open the file using Windows Media player it gives an error too so assume it is the file?

Thanks in advance!

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I've not used googleplay or itunes personally but I'd nearly guarantee that all of the music that is bought and downloaded like that will only work on the device that it was bought for due to DRM (Digitial Rights Management). If it's not a true mp3 file with no drm then most players won't play the file.

dale82

Senior elf
Welcome to ACL, I would try and use an audio converter on it, It may help you with the DRM.

aliciaedwards

New elf
Thanks for the welcome - have read for a while now but am just about to take the plunge and TRY to convert my static light display to something a little more exciting (although my head is ready to explode!)

I was after the Christmas Can Can - Straight no chaser

Will try to audio convert but if someone has a copy and can email it to me or something that would be awesome :)

Jamie

Lighting up the night.
We always buy the album or cd etc and use it from there..

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Welcome Alicia,
What part of QLD are you in, You may have someone around the corner that can Shed some light for you.

aliciaedwards

New elf
I'm in Ipswich/Brisbane QLD and would LOVE some help from someone local - am very happy to exchange manpower for brains :)

Think I'm off to buy some cds!

bretheron

Been bitten by the bug.
You can fairly easily get your music off of ITunes to use on other devices and programs, I have no idea about google play though.

One thought would be to make sure google play is shut down, it may grab that file and not let any other program see it.

All the songs that I use have been downloaded as a torrent. And before anyone says that is wrong, I consider it fine if you already own it in one way or another. I own about 99% of my songs. But is a lot easier to just download them in the format you want instead of ripping a CD. It is probably not helping the cause, but at least my conscience is clean.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Thought you might be in Ipswich, Raceview by chance?
I'm in Flinders View.

arw01

Full time elf
Gogle play has a music player you can install and download in mass. If you do it through the web browser it limits you to 2 downloads is all.

You still have to run it through audacity to adjust the bit rate etc 44100, 16 bit constant 128kps

gerry

Senior elf
Hi ,

Welcome..

I echo above from AWR01. If using LSP , run it through Audacity anyhow, else somewhere down the track it may not work.