Where to get corro board cut by laser or cnc router in Melbourne

BluePat

New elf
Gday,

am looking at building a matrix with core flute board, does anyone know if there is someone or somewhere in Melbourne where I can get the core flute board cut with either a cnc laser or router at a reasonable price?
I have considered cutting by hand but not so confident I could cut 3000 holes in a strait grid. I am making some other props and will be cutting those by hand as they would be little more forgiving to wonky straits.
I would be supplying the board.

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Aside from the three coro vendors in AU, you could try a local 'maker space' or a University.

Maker spaces are workshops that allow hobbyists to use equipment (such as CNCs, Lasers, 3D printers, etc) for a small fee. Generally you will be the person who has to know how to use the machine though.

Another idea is to ask a local University. They probably charge a fee and a graduate student on a lunch break would likely be helping you.

Adsy

Full time elf
Not to discourage supporting our local vendors but if you do a little planning and marking out I believe its totally achievable. Like they say “ Rome wasn’t built in a day” so if your patient the rewards will come.

scamper

Dedicated elf
I did actually see someone post a video of their modular matrix recently where they cut out matrix modules using a small laser and then would assemble the modules into whatever size they wanted. That way anyone with a small laser at home may be able to do it rather than needing a commercial sized machine.

BluePat

New elf
Thanks everyone for your suggestions, have a couple of options to explore, will update when I settle on final solution.