Where's the Lights - A Android app i designed

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
We all know there is basicly a map of every town with christmas light locations on it. (Somewhere)

Well this is a App i designed,
So you can take photo's of your display or of everyone else's display,
Taking photo's of people's house's will automaticly add them to the map.
It use's location tracking to show all the house's closest to you.
Once you register your location,
You can choose what public pic's you want displayed an other info like show times an dates,
It allows you do a "Grinch" mode, and removes your location off the map, (great for heavy traffic)

Google Play Store App Link - Wheres the Lights

Here is the webpage that is just about finished.
https://christmaslights.net.au/

The Facebook page is still a work in progress
Facebook Page

Let me know if anyone has issue's.
Thanks.
Alec.

Last edited:

Nojoy

Full time elf
Can you post a link to one of the facebook ads you write for this app, so that we can then share that ad ourselves on different forums/pages in our communities?

SmartAlecLights

Can you post a link to one of the facebook ads you write for this app, so that we can then share that ad ourselves on different forums/pages in our communities?
I have a facebook page for the app as well, i just have to finish it off.. then i will post that link
how do we add our displays if we haven't got them up yet? .... the way I read it you need to take a photo of your display to add it in.
When you sign up it will put your location on the map. (unless you hide it.)
The taking photo's is for adding other house's or photos of your display,
So photo's anyone has taken, including yourself of your address, you will be able to select what 3 gets displayed under your map icon.
(because other people can take a better photo's)

bpratt

Senior elf
on my Samsung a32 it won't let me put my 4 digit verify code.... try typing it in, and the keyboard covers it up, and it doesn't appear to be getting accepted.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Sounds good Alec but on the point around grinch mode, if someone adds my display location to it without my knowledge/consent, would I know about it? How would I know to remove it?

SmartAlecLights

Sounds good Alec but on the point around grinch mode, if someone adds my display location to it without my knowledge/consent, would I know about it? How would I know to remove it?
If you have allready signed up an Activated Grinch mode, it doesnt matter who takes a photo, it wont show on the map. (Daryl suggested that mode)

on my Samsung a32 it won't let me put my 4 digit verify code.... try typing it in, and the keyboard covers it up, and it doesn't appear to be getting accepted.
One word, Crap..
Will work on a fix, an update ASAP
Thanks for that